We can see you are using an ad blocker so this is going to be a little awkward. Playne relies on ad revenue to pay for the bills and the sandwiches. So pretty please, with a cherry on top, can you add us to your whitelist? This allows us to keep developing our discovery platform and to keep providing you with great content.
Innovative self-funded start-ups like us get hit hard by ad blockers. So do us a solid and add us to your whitelist!
38 Games Like Arma 3
Arma 3 is a military sandbox on a massive scale that features over 20 vehicles and 40 weapons. The main island of the game is over 290 KM squared in size, which gives players a diverse range of cities, forests, hills, plains, water and air to drive, fly and fight across. Arma 3 also gives players tools to create their own content which has opened the game up to a wide variety of new content.
Arma 3 can be played in both singleplayer and multiplayer. As the game is a military simulator, gameplay has been designed to be as realistic as possible. This means that teamwork is highly important and all actions must be planned out carefuly. The games like Arma on this list will contain a mix of singleplayer and multiplayer games.
The games like Arma 3 that are on this list have been selected by GameCupid's advanced game matching engine which has broken down all of Arma's features in order to evaluate the gameplay elements that make up the game. GameCupid has then searched for other games that also contain these features in order to create this list.
All features have been tagged to Arma 3 by the people that know the game best. This helps make this list of games similar to Arma accurate. If you wish to further improve the accuracy of this list then head over to the Contributor Portal.
- In 2009 the fictional post-soviet country of Chernarus is ravaged by civil war. For two crippling years, conflict has raged... Players explore this volatile world with Force Recon Razor Team, part of a US Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit. The 27th MEU are deployed to Northern Chernarus on a peacekeeping mission with a mandate to prevent further civilian casualties and promote political stability.
- Three years after the conflict in Chernarus, portrayed in the original Arma 2, a new flashpoint in the Green Sea region heats up and coalition forces led by the US Army are sent to Takistan to quickly restore peace and prevent further civilian casualties in this standalone expansion pack to the best military simulator of 2009 – Arma 2. You will enlist into various roles within the US Army, from basic infantrymen, through special operatives, to pilots and tank crew in this new installment in the award winning line up of military simulators for PC from Bohemia Interactive.
- Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is the seventh installment in the Rainbow Six series. It is a first-person shooter video game and the sequel to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas. It was announced by Ubisoft on November 20, 2007. The game was released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on March 18, 2008 in North America and March 20, 2008 in Europe, except in Germany, where the game was delayed. The Microsoft Windows version, however, was delayed until April 15, 2008. It was released in Japan on April 24, 2008 for the Xbox 360 and on May 29, 2008 for the PlayStation 3.
- The award-winning Battlefield franchise invades the high tech frontlines of modern warfare in the new sequel, Battlefield 2. The game brings the intensity and excitement of Battlefield 1942 into the modern era with enhanced team play and the latest, most technologically advanced vehicles and weapons systems available to man.
- The third installment in the Halo franchise, the game concludes the story arc begun in 2001's Halo: Combat Evolved and continued in 2004's Halo 2. Halo 3 's story centers on the interstellar war between twenty-sixth century humanity and a collection of alien races known as the Covenant. The player assumes the role of the Master Chief, a cybernetically enhanced supersoldier, as he battles the Covenant.
- WITH THE SPINOFF SERIES BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY, DICE FOR THE FIRST TIME BOLSTERED THE MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER OFFERING WITH A STRONG SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN. IT IS HERE THAT PLAYERS MADE THEIR FIRST ACQUAINTANCE WITH THE MOTLEY CREW FROM B COMPANY. Building the new game engine Frostbite from the ground up, Battlefield: Bad Company featured the series’ trademark sandbox gameplay in a universe where almost everything is destructible. The ever-changing battlefield forced players, team mates and enemies to react accordingly and use destruction in a tactical manner.
In Battlefield 4, gamers will experience huge environments, a playground of destruction, access to an arsenal of vehicles, the ability to direct squad mates, and much more in the first entry in the first-person shooter franchise to run on Frostbite 3 technology. The game once again aims to deliver a premier online multiplayer gaming experience while also offering an engaging and challenging story campaign.
- Rising Storm is the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. You know the great gameplay, innovative features and realistic audio and graphics of RO2 - Rising Storm will take this to the Pacific Theater, adding even more features, new levels, new weapons and new factions. The game will allow the player to fight across iconic locations from the famous island-hopping campaigns in the Pacific from 1942 to 1945, as the US Army and Marine Corps fight it out with the Imperial Japanese army and Special Naval Landing Forces.
The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all-new Call of Duty: Ghosts. Published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the critically-acclaimed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series, Call of Duty: Ghosts ushers in the next generation of the franchise, delivering a riveting all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast, all powered by a new next-generation Call of Duty engine.
- Battlefield Bad Company 2™ brings the Battlefield gameplay to the forefront featuring best-in-class vehicular combat with unexpected "Battlefield moments." New vehicles like the ATV and a transport helicopter allow for all-new multiplayer tactics in the warzone. With the Frostbite-enabled Destruction 2.0 system you can take entire buildings down, and create your own fire points by blasting holes through cover.
- Fight as a member of U.S. forces and British spec ops in global hotspots to eliminate a well-armed, ruthless force of international separatists. Take the fight online where persistent stats unlock dozens of customizable weapons and abilities like calling in attack helicopters and fighter jets to dominate your opponents.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops is a first-person shooter video game developed by Treyarch, published by Activision and released worldwide on November 9, 2010 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii consoles, with a separate version for Nintendo DS developed by n-Space. Announced on April 30, 2010, the game is the seventh installment of the Call of Duty series. It is also the first to be set in the Cold War and the fifth to be set in World War II. It is the third in the series to be developed by Treyarch, and is connected to the developer's Call of Duty: World at War.
- In the sequel to Halo, Spartan-117, better known as the Master Chief, has returned to Earth, where he is promptly needed: despite all precautions taken, the Covenant have discovered the location of humanity's homeworld and are launching their attack. For some reason, however, their fleet is much smaller than expected. To solve this mystery, the Chief must return to the stars, learning more about the mysterious Halo rings and their constructors.
Lead the revolution against an oppressive Martian regime using guerilla tactics and strategic destruction.
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force.
- Sequel to the highly successful Operation Flashpoint, ARMA: Combat Operations is a first person tactical military shooter on the PC with large elements of realism and simulation. This game features a blend of large-scale military conflict spread across large areas alongside the more close quartered battles. You'll be thrust into the midst of an engaging and expanding storyline, fighting against smart, aggressive enemies who will continually provide a challenge over a massive landscape.
- Killzone 2 is the third game in the Killzone franchise and continues the story two years after the events of the first two games. The game takes place on Helghan, the home-world of the Helghast who assaulted the Interplanetary Strategic Alliance's colony on Vekta. The ISA retaliates on the Helghan's own ground with the aim to secure the Helghast leader, Emperor Visari, and bring the Helghast war machine to a halt. Assuming the role of Sergeant Tomas "Sev" Sevchenko, a battle-hardened veteran and a member of the special forces unit known as the Legion.
- The best-selling first person action series of all-time returns with the epic sequel to multiple “Game of the Year” award winner, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2. In the world’s darkest hour, are you willing to do what is necessary? Prepare yourself for a cinematic thrill-ride only Call of Duty can deliver. The definitive Multiplayer experience returns bigger and better than ever, loaded with new maps, modes and features. Co-Op play has evolved with all-new Spec-Ops missions and leaderboards, as well as Survival Mode, an action-packed combat progression unlike any other.
- Star Wars Battlefront™ II adds all-new space combat, playable Jedi characters, and never-before-seen environments straight out of Star Wars:Episode III Revenge of the Sith. Fans of the original Star Wars Battlefront will also enjoy a new single-player experience that takes players through an epic, story-based saga centering on Darth Vader's elite 501st Legion of Stormtroopers.Every action you make impacts the battlefront -- and the fate of the Star Wars galaxy.
- Whether you are flying your Zero fighter for the glorious Japanese Imperial Navy over Wake Island or rushing the shores on Iwo Jima with other battle-hardened US Marines, you're in for an intense battle. Use the built in squad features to team up with up to 4 other soldiers and make your way across the Pacific Theatre together. Thrash an enemy bunker, setup camp and snipe across the map, steal a tank in the enemy's stronghold while your comrades launch an all out bomber attack; the choices are endless! We're depending on you to turn the tide of the battle and war, soldier!
- BATTLEFIELD 1942 IS THE FIRST GAME IN THE BATTLEFIELD SERIES. ARGUABLY ONE OF THE MOST PIVOTAL MULTIPLAYER GAMES, BATTLEFIELD 1942 WAS A DEFINING MOMENT FOR DICE. Armed with the knowledge and experience from the spiritual predecessor Codename Eagle, the studio set out to create the game of their dreams.
- With its extensive Tour of Duty campaign, a near-limitless number of skirmish modes, updates and new content for Counter-Strike's award-winning multiplayer game play, plus over 12 bonus single player missions, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero is a tremendous offering of single and multiplayer content.
- you wake up... The hum of the fusion drive reverberates through the ship's hull. It reminds you that you should probably replace it soon. A quick check on the MobiGlas says there's an Aegis showroom on the planet you're heading to. Couldn't hurt to see what they got, right? With the Credits you make delivering this cargo, you should be able to buy your ship a little treat. Besides, she's your bread and butter. You roll on your side and look out the window at the vast yawning space outside. A distant planet silently orbits a dying sun.
- Red Dead Redemption is a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age. A follow up to the 2004 hit Red Dead Revolver, this game tells the story of former outlaw John Marston, taking players on a great adventure across the American frontier.