We can see you are using an ad blocker so this is going to be a little awkward. Playne relies on ad revenue to pay for the bills and the sandwiches. So pretty please, with a cherry on top, can you add us to your whitelist? This allows us to keep developing our discovery platform and to keep providing you with great content.
Innovative self-funded start-ups like us get hit hard by ad blockers. So do us a solid and add us to your whitelist!
38 Games Like Minecraft
Minecraft is certainly a game known and loved by most gamers. The ability to craft and mold your very own stories in an infinitely large world of your own is a feature that has helped Minecraft gain a well deserved spot on our hard drives. Unfortunately, as with most games you can only play them for so long until you start to loose interest. Luckily GameCupid's intelligent game matching engine has found these games that share similar features to Minecraft! Give this list of games like Minecraft a read.
Minecraft is a sandbox game made entirely out of blocks that you can mine, place and craft in order to make almost anything you can think of. On top of this the world is procedurally generated and has almost no limit in size. As you can imagine this opens up some pretty huge possibilities when it comes to what you decide to make. On top of the creative side of Minecraft, there are also many survival aspects of the game. In order to survive you must constantly gather, grow or hunt for food to ensure you don't starve. You must also fight off a range of monsters and animals that will constantly threaten your existence.
Minecraft also offers Multiplayers and mod support, so you can mine, craft, explore and fight with others. Modding support ensures that you can always add something new to the game if it starts to get dry.
The games like Minecraft on this list have been selected by GameCupid's engine as they all contain features that are also in Minecraft. If you are on the hunt for an large game world with loads of possibilities in what you can build or how you survive, take a look at the list below!
- Dig, fight, explore, build! Nothing is impossible in this action-packed adventure game. The world is your canvas and the ground itself is your paint. Grab your tools and go! Make weapons to fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes. Dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things.
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
- Unturned is a sandbox game in the emerging multiplayer apocalypse survival genre. Rather than focusing on being an MMO it provides players with easy systems to sit down and survive the zombie infestation with their friends. Over the course of a typical adventure, groups will have a blast fortifying locations, scavenging for supplies, trying to live off the land and negotiating with other people. The game is being developed entirely with the community in focus, and tons of features are based entirely on feedback.
- Take the role of a plane crash survivor stranded somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Experience terrifying encounters both above and below an endless environment. Come face to face with some of the most life threatening scenarios that will result in a different experience each time you play. Scavenge. Discover. Survive.
- Nature is brutal, but can you survive the Brutal Nature of man? Brutal Nature is a free to play multiplayer survival game where anything can be created and destroyed. You are stranded on an island but you are not alone. Form a group with others to improve your chances of survival but beware not everyone will be friendly! Life in Brutal Nature is about survival by gathering resources for crafting, building structures, hunting and being hunted. For a list of currently supported features check out our information page.
You're a castaway stranded in the middle of nowhere. The storm is gone, the worst certainly not. Look for food and resources, craft gear, make a shelter. These are the basics, you will need much more to stay alive on this cut-off-the-world, yet not desert island. Build and burn, sail and explore, stay out of reach!
- Salt is a game based around exploration and adventure where you sail across a vast ocean exploring different islands. The world of Salt is procedurally generated, providing you with an endless amount of exploration. During your adventure you will meet various challenges and obstacles that you will have to overcome, as well as discovering the real story behind the world of Salt. You will fight pirates, hunt animals, sail the ocean waves, craft items from resources you find throughout the world, and discover mysterious places throughout your adventure.
- Wurm Online is the MMORPG where the players are in charge! Developed around the idea of player influence, it remains one of the only Sandbox MMOs worthy of the term. Whether you enjoy conquering kingdoms, building your home or hunting dragons, Wurm will let you. Explore the world and make your mark!
- You begin with three survivors of a shipwreck on a distant world. Your colonists are not professional settlers – they’re crashlanded survivors from a passenger liner destroyed in orbit. You can end up with a nobleman, an accountant, and, a housewife. You’ll acquire more colonists by capturing them in combat and turning them to your side, buying them from slave traders, or taking in refugees. So your colony will always be a motley crew.
- Kingdoms Rise is a Multiplayer Fantasy Combat Game featuring brand new game mechanics within its deep 360° sword fighting system and magic abilities. Customize to your heart’s content with a multitude of choices in armors, swords, spells, ranged weapons and more. Charge into combat in beautifully crafted fantasy environments that silhouette the action. Read your opponent and try to psych them out in tactical blade duelling. Wield spells such as fireball, freeze and invisibility that will fit tightly in tandem with your strengths in swordsmanship.
- Monster Hunter is a third-person action game set in a kind of pre-historic fantasy world. Many of the creatures you'll see are very similar to dinosaurs, ancient relatives to modern day animals such as boars and insects, and even dragons. Next to a singleplayer mode, the game can also be played online. You can have a hunting party of up to four people, and once you start to go after larger prey, you'll definitely need them all.
- Nether is a first-person urban survival gaming experience unlike any other. Nether forces players to make quick life-saving decisions in an unforgiving environment. In this post-apocalyptic urban world, death is waiting around every corner, at the top of high-rise buildings, and in the grasp of powerful teleporting creatures known as Nethers. To navigate this high-tension environment, players must use skill and craft in order to obtain food, weapons, supplies, and other resources necessary to survive in a desolate and dangerous city.
- Dying Light is an action survival game presented in first-person perspective. The game is set in a vast and dangerous open world. During the day, you roam an urban environment devastated by a mysterious epidemic, scavenging for supplies and crafting weapons to help you defeat the hordes of mindless, flesh-hungry enemies the plague has created. At night, the hunter becomes the prey as the infected grow in strength and aggression - but even more lethal are the nocturnal, inhuman predators that leave their hives to feed.
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite features over 400 quests and claims to provide 500 hours of game play. New environments, monster, weapons, and armor sets are available in this release of the game. The game is an online RPG, with the focus being on cooperative multiplayer. You can form a party of up to 4 adventurers and fight monsters and/or complete quests as a group. Tactical considerations and strategies will play heavily on your party's success or failure as you progress through the game.
- Sometime in the 2050s, the crippling "Shiva" virus begins to spread across the globe. With evidence suggesting Shiva has been bio-engineered, the world's nations are quick to blame each other for its creation - blame which escalates into nuclear war. The player takes control of one of the 1% of the Earth's population to survive both the virus and the bombs, and must try to carve out a life in the area around the Hoover Dam Garrison - the last known human outpost in the world.
- The third chapter in developer Blizzard's premier dungeon-crawler franchise. Diablo III picks up the story twenty years after the events of Diablo II. Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal have been defeated, but the Worldstone, which once shielded the inhabitants of Sanctuary from the forces of both Heaven and Hell, has been destroyed and evil once again stirs in Tristram. Playing as a hero from one of 5 distinct character classes, players will acquire powerful items, spells, and abilities as they explore Sanctuary and battle hordes of demons to safeguard the world from the horrors that have arisen.
- Take on the role of a hunter sent to explore a hunter's paradise in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, completing quests on the journey to seek and slay monsters whilst improving skills and earning equipment upgrades. Offering touchscreen functionality for the first time in the series, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate allows players to quickly access in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games.
- You are the Prototype, Alex Mercer, hiding in human form. You step out onto the streets of New York with no memory, but limitless power. As a terrifying viral epidemic sweeps across Manhattan, top-secret Black Watch Special Forces move in, transforming it into a war zone. Delve into the mysteries of your origin, the true nature of your power and your part in a conspiracy 40 years in the making.
- Hundreds of thousands of Star Wars fans have been immersed in this epic struggle between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance in one of the fastest growing massively multiplayer online games ever, Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided. Together, players engage in fierce combat, explore vast worlds, build cities and undertake dangerous missions and daring quests within the Star Wars universe."
- Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.