We can see you are using an ad blocker so this is going to be a little awkward. Playne relies on ad revenue to pay for the bills and the sandwiches. So pretty please, with a cherry on top, can you add us to your whitelist? This allows us to keep developing our discovery platform and to keep providing you with great content.
Innovative self-funded start-ups like us get hit hard by ad blockers. So do us a solid and add us to your whitelist!
21 Games Like Minecraft
Minecraft is certainly a game known and loved by most gamers. The ability to craft and mold your very own stories in an infinitely large world of your own is a feature that has helped Minecraft gain a well deserved spot on our hard drives. Unfortunately, as with most games you can only play them for so long until you start to loose interest. Luckily GameCupid's intelligent game matching engine has found these games that share similar features to Minecraft! Give this list of games like Minecraft a read.
Minecraft is a sandbox game made entirely out of blocks that you can mine, place and craft in order to make almost anything you can think of. On top of this the world is procedurally generated and has almost no limit in size. As you can imagine this opens up some pretty huge possibilities when it comes to what you decide to make. On top of the creative side of Minecraft, there are also many survival aspects of the game. In order to survive you must constantly gather, grow or hunt for food to ensure you don't starve. You must also fight off a range of monsters and animals that will constantly threaten your existence.
Minecraft also offers Multiplayers and mod support, so you can mine, craft, explore and fight with others. Modding support ensures that you can always add something new to the game if it starts to get dry.
The games like Minecraft on this list have been selected by GameCupid's engine as they all contain features that are also in Minecraft. If you are on the hunt for an large game world with loads of possibilities in what you can build or how you survive, take a look at the list below!
- Dig, fight, explore, build! Nothing is impossible in this action-packed adventure game. The world is your canvas and the ground itself is your paint. Grab your tools and go! Make weapons to fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes. Dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things.
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
- Unturned is a sandbox game in the emerging multiplayer apocalypse survival genre. Rather than focusing on being an MMO it provides players with easy systems to sit down and survive the zombie infestation with their friends. Over the course of a typical adventure, groups will have a blast fortifying locations, scavenging for supplies, trying to live off the land and negotiating with other people. The game is being developed entirely with the community in focus, and tons of features are based entirely on feedback.
- Take the role of a plane crash survivor stranded somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Experience terrifying encounters both above and below an endless environment. Come face to face with some of the most life threatening scenarios that will result in a different experience each time you play. Scavenge. Discover. Survive.
- Nature is brutal, but can you survive the Brutal Nature of man? Brutal Nature is a free to play multiplayer survival game where anything can be created and destroyed. You are stranded on an island but you are not alone. Form a group with others to improve your chances of survival but beware not everyone will be friendly! Life in Brutal Nature is about survival by gathering resources for crafting, building structures, hunting and being hunted. For a list of currently supported features check out our information page.
You're a castaway stranded in the middle of nowhere. The storm is gone, the worst certainly not. Look for food and resources, craft gear, make a shelter. These are the basics, you will need much more to stay alive on this cut-off-the-world, yet not desert island. Build and burn, sail and explore, stay out of reach!
- Salt is a game based around exploration and adventure where you sail across a vast ocean exploring different islands. The world of Salt is procedurally generated, providing you with an endless amount of exploration. During your adventure you will meet various challenges and obstacles that you will have to overcome, as well as discovering the real story behind the world of Salt. You will fight pirates, hunt animals, sail the ocean waves, craft items from resources you find throughout the world, and discover mysterious places throughout your adventure.
- Wurm Online is the MMORPG where the players are in charge! Developed around the idea of player influence, it remains one of the only Sandbox MMOs worthy of the term. Whether you enjoy conquering kingdoms, building your home or hunting dragons, Wurm will let you. Explore the world and make your mark!