We can see you are using an ad blocker so this is going to be a little awkward. Playne relies on ad revenue to pay for the bills and the sandwiches. So pretty please, with a cherry on top, can you add us to your whitelist? This allows us to keep developing our discovery platform and to keep providing you with great content.
Innovative self-funded start-ups like us get hit hard by ad blockers. So do us a solid and add us to your whitelist!
38 Games Like Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Essentials
You can find below a complete list of games like Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Essentials. You can use the filter controls on this page to see similar games of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Essentials with specific features or for a specific platform.
- Rubi Melone calls herself a problem solver. Others would call her a mercenary. For enough money she does what she's told without asking questions and going over corpses to reach her goals. But one day a guy called Robert Pelham has the guts to double-cross her - a huge mistake. Mad as hell she goes out on a search for vengeance, traveling over several continents and going through hordes and hordes of minions. The whole game is envisioned like a Grindhouse movie with scratches all over the screen, missing scenes, a high amount of blood and gore and a high focus on staged action scenes.
When life robs Colton White of all that matters, the only thing left he can trust is his GUN. From award-winning developer, Neversoft, and accomplished screenwriter, Randall Jahnson (The Mask of Zorro, The Doors), GUN follows Colton on his quest for discovery as he seeks to exact vengeful justice on those who have wronged him.
- When the Russians closed their borders, we feared they were developing a weapon of unparalleled power. The truth was far worse... Without warning, the Chimera attacked from the east, and in just 2 months, Europe fell. And as the Chimera hunted down the remaining survivors, the last resistance fighters rose from the ruins of Great Britain ...
- Silent Hill Book of Memories is a ‘dungeon crawler’ style survival horror game with RPG elements, set in the Silent Hill universe, using the PS Vita’s unique touch controls. Each night your personalised character enters a nightmare world, made up of a series of corridors and rooms, filled with monsters - some familiar, some new - special items, missions and traps. SHBOM offers multiplayer co-op play, where up to 4 players can join in.
- The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience blending survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a plague. 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, cities are abandoned and being reclaimed by nature, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the US.
- There's a New Thief In Town! Spotlights, alarms and infrared lasers. Rooftop chases, narrow escapes and dodging security guards. Sly Cooper, the notorious international thief, is out to reclaim what is rightfully his. Prepare to infiltrate the most secure places in the world. He's one cunning, devious, thievius raccoonus!
- In the not-too-distant future, governments have dissolved and powerful mega-corporations wage covert wars for territory and the control of information. As a freelance mercenary, you will conduct sabotage, assassinations, espionage and ambushes on their behalf to line your pockets and pay for top-of-the-line weapons and cybernetic limbs. Will you side with the corporations, the private military, or perhaps with the radical anarchist youth hacker gang in an attempt to bring down the entire corrupt system?
- You are Sam Fisher, a deadly stealth operative waging a one-man war against an Indonesian terrorist network. The world balance is in your hands, as cyber terrorism and international tensions are about to explode into WWIII. This conspiracy-filled story will test your wits and your nerves, by throwing you into the world of international espionage. Infiltrate terrorists' positions, acquire critical intelligence by any means necessary, execute with extreme prejudice, and exit without a trace!
- Thief and raccoon Sly Cooper returns in a new cel-shaded platforming adventure wherein he forms a band of thieves with Bentley the turtle and Murray the purple, hippo-like creature, which each have their own role within the game. Sly is the fastest, most agile member of the band of thieves and still is the character you play with the most. But certain missions require the special abilities of Bentley, who is smart and can drop bombs, as well shoot enemies from a distance. Other missions require the muscles of Murray, who can lift nearly everything, including enemies.
- SOCOM II is the sequel to the hit tactical action game SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALS. SOCOM II like the original puts you in command of a deadly four-person squad who must strike targets in 12 international missions. Being the leader of the crew you can command your squad with a USB headset to cover you, bang and breach, and all out attack among other things.
Metro: Last Light is the second in a series of first-person shooters based on the novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky. Set in a post-apocalyptic Moscow, the majority of the story takes place in the network of underground 'metro' tunnels where the remaining humans shelter from the nuclear winter above ground.
- Killzone: Mercenary gives a new perspective on the Killzone Universe. This time you’re not an Army grunt who follows orders - you’re freelancer, a gun for hire, a soldier of fortune. These guys don’t play by the rules or fight for any flag. They’re in it for the money. The client might give the objective, but they’re not going to be telling you how to do your job. You get to pick your own gear and tactics; as long as you get the results.
- Description Resistance 3 is a first-person shooter set in the alternative version of 1950's. Earth is being scourged by Chimera species, originally evolved from virus stricken humans. Despite actions taken by The Sentinels organization in previous installments, almost nothing has changed. Four years later humanity still struggles to survive, but resistance is too weak.
- Penumbra:Overture is a first person survival horror game, emphasizing on survival and problem solving instead of mindless violence and gore. Played from a first person perspective and powered by a 3D engine utilising cutting edge technology, Penumbra is a substantial advancement of the genre. The unique physics system allows for true environmental interaction in a way not possible in other games. The player can open drawers, pull levers, pick up objects and now manipulate those objects in 3D space - all using natural mouse movements, creating a highly interactive and immersive game world.
- Join fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a spectacular search for the lost "Atlantis of the Sands". A journey that will take him from the mean streets of London to the mysterious deserts of the Middle East. Pursued by ruthless new enemies and confronted by extraordinary danger, this will be his most perilous adventure yet...
- Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction brings back our heroes in a brand new series for PLAYSTATION3. The loveable pair have travelled across troubled galaxies on a mission to save the Universe, fighting for justice where ever it is needed. From blasting up baddies with a wide arsenal of wacky weapons, to bopping enemies with Ratchet's oversized wrench, the emphasis is always on action with a humorous twist. So get ready for exaggerated guns, over-the-top battles and zany bosses.
- Trapped in a shadowy, underground complex, intrepid explorer Philip is determined to discover the truth behind his father's disappearance. Surrounded by enemies and assaulted by terror from all sides, Philip must collect clues and solve vexing puzzles while combating the gnawing psychological terrors that assail his mind and threaten to strip him of his sanity. Can Philip master his fear and finally uncover the truth behind a mystery that has haunted him for a lifetime? Only you can decide...
- World War 2 Europe is overrun by legions of the undead. You must find mankind’s salvation deep in the twisted bowels of Berlin by securing the sacred artefacts that unleashed this damnation, every step paid in blood as players work together against impossible odds and descend further into the demon-infested city and the terrifying Führerbunker itself.
- Homefront paints a scenario where the United States has lost its status as a world superpower, and is invaded by a unified Korea in the year 2027. The player controls Robert Jacobs, a former military pilot, who is conscripted by the Korean army and released by a local resistance cell. Now on the run, Jacobs has no choice but to assist the resistance as they attempt to link up with remnants of the US Army outside San Francisco. Homefront was written by John Milius, the screenwriter behind Red Dawn and Apocalypse Now.
- Harry Mason, an average man, is driving to the town of Silent Hill with his daughter. Upon approaching the town, a cop speeds by on a motorcycle. When Harry gets closer to town, he sees that same motorcycle sprawled in the middle of the road. Harry also spots a woman standing in the road, but due to the dense fog, he can't stop in time, so he swerves to avoid her, crashing into a railing, knocking him unconscious.
- Killzone 2 is the third game in the Killzone franchise and continues the story two years after the events of the first two games. The game takes place on Helghan, the home-world of the Helghast who assaulted the Interplanetary Strategic Alliance's colony on Vekta. The ISA retaliates on the Helghan's own ground with the aim to secure the Helghast leader, Emperor Visari, and bring the Helghast war machine to a halt. Assuming the role of Sergeant Tomas "Sev" Sevchenko, a battle-hardened veteran and a member of the special forces unit known as the Legion.
Heavy Rain is a cinematic and evolving thriller from Quantic Dream, the developer behind the critically acclaimed Fahrenheit. Dealing with a range of adult themes, the game revolves around a sophisticated plot and strong narrative threads that explore a complex moral proposition. You assume the role of multiple characters, with very different backgrounds, motivations and skills, in a world shaped by Bending Storylines - a dynamic narrative design where your actions and decisions will shape your story.
- Sly and all of his buddies are back to their old tricks on new platforms. All the humor and adventure is back, and this time the friends are traveling through time, trying to save Sly's ancestors. The classic Sly Cooper game play is back, with sneaking, brawling, several playable characters all with different abilities, and mini-games galore.
The Order 1886 is set in an alternate history setting of 1800s Victorian London. You play as Sir Gallahad, one of the prestigious knight of the Order of the round table, established by King Arthur.
In this alternate reality, you use weapons based upon Nikloi Tesla's technology and fight off threats to the British crown and humanity which includes Werewolves and Rebels.
The game ties in the real history of the Britain during the 1800s including characters like Lord Hastings and Rani Lakshmi Bai, and adds a steam punk twist to it.
- 1999, the world was facing a energy crisis. It was obvious that the supply of petroleum would run out faster than expected. However, the development of an alternate energy resource is far from completion. The price of petroleum has skyrocketed and the world economy is in much confusion. The 21st century was expected to be one of chaos. One man's invention changed the entire situation. A Czech genius and biologist, Dr. Kio Marv, invented "OILIX" a micro-organism that refines petroleum to produce a highly purified form of petroleum.
- You are the Prototype, Alex Mercer, hiding in human form. You step out onto the streets of New York with no memory, but limitless power. As a terrifying viral epidemic sweeps across Manhattan, top-secret Black Watch Special Forces move in, transforming it into a war zone. Delve into the mysteries of your origin, the true nature of your power and your part in a conspiracy 40 years in the making.
- Splatter is a top-down-shooter with a film-noir-singleplayer-campaign, challenging fights against all kinds of monsters, gory splatter effects and destructible level environments. Meet real cool characters with quests, engage boss fights and upgrade your weapons. You also get stylish cutscenes, actions sequences, secret collectibles and an arcade survival modus with worldwide leaderboards to compete with your friends.
The Darkness is spreading. A cold-blooded mafia hitman becomes even more deadly when a terrifying inheritance if forced upon him on the eve of his 21st birthday. Possessed by The Darkness, Jackie Estacado discovers he wields a terrible power which can destroy his enemies without mercy, but this exhilarating force comes at a price - The Darkness has a malovent agenda all of its own...