We can see you are using an ad blocker so this is going to be a little awkward. Playne relies on ad revenue to pay for the bills and the sandwiches. So pretty please, with a cherry on top, can you add us to your whitelist? This allows us to keep developing our discovery platform and to keep providing you with great content.
Innovative self-funded start-ups like us get hit hard by ad blockers. So do us a solid and add us to your whitelist!
38 Games Like Towns
You can find below a complete list of games like Towns. You can use the filter controls on this page to see similar games of Towns with specific features or for a specific platform.
- UnReal World is a unique graphical roguelike RPG taking place in the Far North long, long ago. It brings you a realistic game world rich with historical atmosphere in which northern folklore, knowledge and way of life play an important part. The atmosphere and game features are highly original and compelling. The world of the game is based on the ancient Finland in the late Iron Age. Throughout the years, UnReal World has been praised for its depth, realism, atmosphere and immersion. As a member of one of the nine different cultures you'll enter a very realistic and enchanting game world
Stonehearth is a game about exploration and survival in an epic fantasy setting. Your job is to help a small group of settlers survive and carve out a place for themselves in a hostile land. You’ll need to establish a food supply, build shelter, defend your people, and find a way to grow and expand, facing challenges at every step.
- Salt is a game based around exploration and adventure where you sail across a vast ocean exploring different islands. The world of Salt is procedurally generated, providing you with an endless amount of exploration. During your adventure you will meet various challenges and obstacles that you will have to overcome, as well as discovering the real story behind the world of Salt. You will fight pirates, hunt animals, sail the ocean waves, craft items from resources you find throughout the world, and discover mysterious places throughout your adventure.
- in The Settlers Rise of an Empire the player creates their own empire of bustling cities in a captivating medieval world. However, threats are always looming so you must be prepared to defend your mighty kingdom. Each character has his own life, which can always be observed by the player. The game offers you a deep but always comprehensible economy system with various resources and goods which are produced and gathered by the different professions. The ultimate goal of the game is to expand your empire to become a legendary King.
You're shipwrecked on an isolated island, a desperate castaway in a total freakshow world. How will you survive?
Collect the pages of a Survival Guide and figure it out, of course! Find food, water, and shelter before you perish. Uh oh, is it getting dark? Figure out how to get through the night! While you’re at it, gather up some of this awesome stuff and piece together over 100 handmade weapons and tools—from shotguns to Molotov cocktails. Now you can defend yourself and your friends like a boss!
- Dig, fight, explore, build! Nothing is impossible in this action-packed adventure game. The world is your canvas and the ground itself is your paint. Grab your tools and go! Make weapons to fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes. Dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things.
- Unturned is a sandbox game in the emerging multiplayer apocalypse survival genre. Rather than focusing on being an MMO it provides players with easy systems to sit down and survive the zombie infestation with their friends. Over the course of a typical adventure, groups will have a blast fortifying locations, scavenging for supplies, trying to live off the land and negotiating with other people. The game is being developed entirely with the community in focus, and tons of features are based entirely on feedback.
- In Planet Explorers, it is the year 2287, one of the first colony ships sent out by Earth arrives at the planet Maria, in the Epsilon Indi Star System. During its landing sequence, something appears in front of the massive ship that causes it to lose control and crash into the planet. Some of the colonists survive in lifeboats, but what they find is an unforgiving land filled with creatures ready to outlast the visitors from Earth. Now the survivors must explorer, gather, build, create, fight, and ultimately, build a new home.
- The player starts with a pre-generated male character (character creation has been disabled, however the player may still customize the physical features) in the outskirts of Smolensk, in Polish territory. To survive, the player must once again gain reputation from one of the available factions: the Polish Republic currently allied with Crimean Khanate is at war with the Cossack Hetmanate, who are allied with the Muscovite Tsardom. The powerful Kingdom of Sweden awaits the outcome of the war. Although still an open-world game, a few faction-specific plots now may be pursued by the player.
- Once long ago in a faraway kingdom, a little girl named Racette lived in town on the main street with her father, a heroic adventurer. This town was no ordinary town as it was near mysterious ruins, ancient dungeons and other phenomena that attracted the adventuring sort. One day her father went off on one of these adventures, and bought himself all kinds of equipment for his journey. But he never returned...
- At the end of Gothic the nameless hero destroyed the Avatar of the god Beliar known as the Sleeper. But although his body was gone, the Sleeper wasn't ready to give up and chose an undead dragon as his new form on the world. So in Gothic II the goal was to defeat his four minions, which he left behind in the mine-valley, and the sleeper himself with the power of the Eye of Innos.
- KNIGHTS and MERCHANTS recreates the era of the Middle Ages. Apart from the purely fictitious geography of our world, all game elements and scenes are based on the Anglo-Saxon period, 1200 A.D. And we haven't used imaginary elements like fabled creatures, either. The player takes on the role of an ordinary captain in the Palace Guard. A conspiracy against the king catapults the captain into a situation where he finds himself responsible for the defence of the last royal province.
- Touchdown in the World of Twelve and set off on a great adventure in WAKFU, an original massively multiplayer online role playing universe where humor goes hand in hand with action-packed,tactical battles. Climb Mount Zinit in search of Ogrest, the fearsome ogre behind the cataclysm that devastated the World, or mark your own path across the archipelagos who feverishly work to rebuild their once mighty nations. Become a warrior, politician, merchant, or craftsman, but whatever you choose... IN WAKFU, EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON YOU !
- In TerraTech you design, construct and command a fleet of unique vehicles, as you battle your way to victory across the lawless frontiers of new alien worlds, in a quest for glory and profit. In the distant future, Earth's natural resources have been depleted, and as an off-world prospector it's your job to travel to alien planets and scour them for valuable materials. These can be refined and shipped back to Earth in return for cash, or crafted into new components to augment your fleet.
- Don’t Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic. You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
- You begin with three survivors of a shipwreck on a distant world. Your colonists are not professional settlers – they’re crashlanded survivors from a passenger liner destroyed in orbit. You can end up with a nobleman, an accountant, and, a housewife. You’ll acquire more colonists by capturing them in combat and turning them to your side, buying them from slave traders, or taking in refugees. So your colony will always be a motley crew.
- The Guild 2 is the shining successor of the ultra successful medieval life sim, Europe 1400. The Guild 2 is a unique mixture of RPG and life simulation in an immersive middle ages scenario. The player and his party become part of history and can even change it in real-time. Go back to the dark middle ages and found a new dynasty! Take care of yourself, because your opponents never sleep! Marry a beautiful wife and make new friends... control your life! Hand down your skills and your descendants will greatly appreciate it!
- Pixel Piracy is a side-scrolling 2d, pirate roguelike-like game created by indie developer Vitali Kirpu and helped partially by known Manager Alexander Poysky. In the game, the player controls the crew of a pirate ship. The player must sail the ship over a number of sea zones, each with procedurally generated events in a roguelike fashion, while facing pirates and other hostile forces, recruiting new crew members, keeping discipline, outfitting, upgrading ship and more.
- In a distant clouded realm stand hundreds of tall castles–the great Kingdom of Opulencia. No real Opulencian ever actually refers to it as a kingdom, though. They far prefer the official title of “Prestige feudal heroism community.” Opulencia’s residents are famous for their love of jewels, precious metals, enchanted furniture, priceless pet clothing and every other sort of treasure imaginable.
- Banished is a survival city builder game where you start with a small group of exiled travelers and the supplies they brought along. The supplies won't last long, though, and you'll need to quickly get homes built, wood chopped, stone gathered and sources of food procured before winter arrives. Over time your villagers will have children, grow old and eventually die. Disease, starvation, cold winters and disasters are all part of survival in the unforgiving land of Banished.
- Wurm Online is the MMORPG where the players are in charge! Developed around the idea of player influence, it remains one of the only Sandbox MMOs worthy of the term. Whether you enjoy conquering kingdoms, building your home or hunting dragons, Wurm will let you. Explore the world and make your mark!